Ex and Hazardous Area Equipment
The Association is a world leader in the procedures for repair of Hazardous Area apparatus, and provides guidance on quality, and best practice in repairs.
- The AEMT produced the AEMT BEAMA guide for repairing hazardous area motors in 1984. This became adopted as the British Standard BS 60079 19 and forms the basis of the International Standard IEC 60079 19.
- The Association supplies British, European, and International IEC Standards required for the repair of hazardous area motors at a discount to members, as well as other standards.
- The Association offers a helpline on Ex equipment problems.
- The Association offers a management system, forms for the repair of Ex equipment, and labels.
- The Association maintains a register of delegates who have attended the Ex courses and ensures that technicians keep up to date and their competent
Technical Consultancy and Helpline
Provides access to skills and advice utilising the services of technical consultants and linking into the skills of many other specialists in member companies. This is available to help members with technical problems and problems locating spares etc.
A register of where to obtain spares and services for motor and pump repairs is maintained by the secretariat.
Technical Publications Library
A wide range of technical publications, both from the AEMT, other technical publishications, and associations, government departments etc. is held by the association to assist members.
The Association carries out projects and surveys on technical topics of concern, it develops technical specifications, codes of practice, and guidance documents, many of which are published for general sale. Some are subsequently used by regulatory bodies and as a basis for British, European and International standards.
The Association encourages Members and Associates to give technical papers at meetings or in the Association magazine.
The Association has compiled details of winding data, this is currently available in booklet form. The Help line also offers help with winding problems.