Modern Apprentice Scheme
The AEMT runs a grant aided modern apprentice scheme on block release at Loughborough College incorporating City and Guilds 2330 leading to an NVQ3 in Electrical Machine Repair and Rewind.
The Association has an arrangement with Loughborough College, who opened a new training workshop for the association and the training of apprentices in 2008.
Training Courses are held on:
- Hazardous Area Equipment:
- Hazardous area ex equipment repair courses, covering both the theory and practical aspects of Hazardous area equipment repair.
- Courses on the repair of flameproof and explosion proof motors with assessment.
- Ex Refresher courses incorporating practical assessments.
- Inspection and maintenance of Hazardous Area Equipment.
- Best Practice Rewind and repair courses.
- Pump repair courses.